Private Lesson Policies and Procedures
The non-refundable annual 30.00 registration fee is required at the time of registration. It is valid until August 31 of the current school year for which you are registering.
Pre-authorized credit card payments: Your MasterCard or Visa is charged on the 1st of each month according to the chart on our rates page www.music4life.ca/rates. Please contact us if there are any changes to your account information throughout the year. If a card is declined for whatever reason, you will immediately be informed and lessons can be withheld until payments can be resumed. There is a $25 fee for declined credit cards and an alternate credit card will be requested for our records upon first declined process.
Post-dated Cheques: Post-dated cheques are required at the time of registration for the 1st of each month (e.g. Sept 1st, Oct 1st, Nov 1st, Dec 1st, etc.) according to the chart on our rates page www.music4life.ca/rates. Cheques can be made payable to Tina Tate. NSF charge is $25 Credit card information is required on file. In the event that the payment is not received by the first of each month, your credit card will be charged for the lesson amount and the NSF fee. Failing the successful processing of your credit card, lessons will be withheld until the matter is resolved..
E-transfer: An e-transfer to email@example.com for the registration fee on the 1st of every month according to the chart on our rates page www.music4life.ca/rates until June 1st. Credit card information is required on file. In the event that the payment is not received by the first of each month, your credit card will be charged for the lesson amount and a non-process fee of $25. Failing the successful processing of your credit card, lessons will be withheld until the matter is resolved.
Monthly Tuition Schedule for IN-YOUR-HOME or VIRTUAL LESSONS September 2022-June 2023
(Rates are equalized over the 10 month school year Sept-June):
|Day||Start Date||Final lesson||No. of Lessons||Monthly cost 30 min lesson||Monthly cost 45 min lesson||Monthly cost 60 min lesson|
|Mon||Sept 12||June 26||33||115.50||151.80||198.00|
|Tues||Sept 13||June 27||38||133.00||174.80||228.00|
|Wed||Sept 14||June 28||38||133.00||174.80||228.00|
|Thurs||Sept 15||June 29||38||133.00||174.80||228.00|
|Fri||Sept 9||June 30||36||126.00||165.60||216.00|
|Sat||Sept 10||June 24||35||122.50||161.00||210.00|
|Sun||Sept 11||June 25||34||119.00||156.40||204.00|
Please Note: Lessons will not be given without pre-authorized credit information or receipt of post-dated cheques for the entire term (Term = Sept – June or applicable months at the time of registration).
Missed lessons: Your teacher will wait for you up to half your lesson time before leaving (if it is an in-home lesson) or ending the meeting (if it is a virtual lesson). A missed lesson is not made up or refunded.
Make- up Lessons and credits: A credit for a lesson cancellation will be issued up to 3 times a year for any reason. 24 HOURS NOTICE is necessary for this credit. The credit can be use for our summer semester in July and August (and will expire on August 31st of that same school year)
COVID-19 Exceptions until further notice:
In-home teachers are encouraged to switch to virtual lessons if they are exhibiting any symptoms until they are no longer displaying symptoms. If they are unable to conduct virtual lessons then a sub will be called in order to keep things as consistent as possible for the students. In the event that a sub cannot attend, the student is then given the choice of a summer credit or a refund.
In-home lesson students are encouraged to request a virtual lesson if they or any of their household members are exhibiting symptoms. This lesson may need to be rescheduled for a different time of the day or week depending on the location of the teacher’s students before and after said sick student. If a virtual lesson cannot be attended by the end of the week, the student will receive a summer credit for up to 3 lessons during the school year. Please let the administration know as soon as possible at least by 9 am the day of the scheduled lesson: firstname.lastname@example.org 6043382742
COVID-19 Safety Protocols:
All our teachers are independent contractors and make their own decisions about what to implement in order to ensure safety of the students and themselves when doing house calls. We support their ability to stay informed about the ever changing recommendations given by the BCCDC and our health commissioner, then relay whatever strategies they would like to implement to their students.
Likewise, we are empowering the students and their parents to request any safety measures that they would like to see in place and then relay that to the teachers.
We are recommending that pianos, drumsticks, guitar strings (not violin), etc. be sanitized before each lesson and that both teachers and students wash hands before and after each lesson. Thus far, we haven’t been able to source out any cleaning solution that will not be detrimental to a violin.
Parents are encouraged to learn (either in the lesson or on YouTube tutorials on their own) how to tune instruments before the lesson in order to limit instrument contact for the teacher. And, mask wearing is implemented only in accordance with the current BC guidelines.
Refunds: Are issued due to teacher cancellation in the event a substitute teacher cannot be found in time.
Music for Life reserves the right to replace a teacher for whatever reason it sees fit.
Drop-In Students: A student is considered to be on drop-in schedule if he/she is attending less than weekly lessons and are subject to the drop in rate (see rates page).
- All drop-in lessons must be paid for at the time of booking.
- Drop-in lessons are only eligible for transfer to a friend or family member and cannot be rescheduled for any reason.
- Drop-in Students are not eligible for summer credits or our scholarship/bursary programs.
Termination of lessons during the school year (permitted between October 1st and April 1st):
- Written notice is required before the 1st of the month. After notice has been given, lessons will be available and charged for to the end of the following month (this is considered the “month of notice”). For instance, if notice is given on February 28th the month of notice would be effective March 1st through March 31st.
- Music for Life reserves the right to terminate and/or refuse service to students unable to benefit from being a part of the school.
Summer Session (July-August): Once you know your vacation schedule, book and pay for only the lessons you are able to attend during the summer session. Booking for summer begins first week of June. Missed lessons for any reason are not rescheduled during this session.
Home/Virtual lesson information:
- Teachers are given a reasonable amount of time between lessons. Due to technical, safety, and/or traffic issues, it may be necessary that they occasionally arrive within 5 minutes on either side of your lesson time. They will give you your full lesson time from when the lesson starts.
- We require one parent/guardian at home for the duration of the lesson with a minor. If a teacher arrives and there is no adult present, they will leave/end the meeting and the lesson will still be charged.
- Please have your device set up so that the student and instrument are in the frame. For all instruments, it is important for the teacher to be able to see your hands and posture.
- If you are late arriving for your lesson, your teacher will wait up to half the lesson time before leaving/ending the meeting. The lesson will still be charged.
- Please address any scheduling/payment/administration issues to email@example.com or call 6043382742. Teachers are not responsible for any of these matters. For safety and confidentiality reasons, teachers will not accept payment or registration papers.
- Please ask any general questions you may have about your lessons/instruments/material/performances etc. when your teacher arrives or you may also call/email/text Music for Life School of Music at any time. Of course, specific questions may arise during the lesson also.
- Your home does not have to be pristine by any means. Teachers are not there to judge. They may make suggestions for an optimal learning environment from time to time.
For any other policy questions or more information please contact Music For Life, White Rock’s premiere music school today.